Stick,
<br>
<br>One handgun combo I've wanted to try is the old school 30 Herret, in a 10" contender, but with the new school 110 gr X, with an estimated launch of 2400 fps. I don't know if the exit velocity is realistic, but my way of thinking, it would give the vaunted 6.5 JDJ a run for the $, as well as be in a 10" package as opposed to a 14" tube!
<br>
<br>I have the dies, and 500 thutty thutty cases to be modofied, just haven't sprung for a tube, but they go for a paltry $95, as nobody likes to trim brass, and it is an old and mostly forgotten round.
<br>
<br>Hmm, just might have to try it, great thing about contenders is you can move the used barrels for what you paid, or even turn a buck or two if lucky.
<br>
<br>Sorry for the tangent, but the light fast X bullet has been working on my noggin for awhile. The thing that most folks neglect when considering the "premium" bullets is, you can get the same penetration as a heavier conventional bullet, but add signifigant speed.
<br>
<br>You're tempting me to try a 225 gr X in the whelen ackley, but I don't know that it would buy anything over the 250 gr a-frame launched at 2700 fps.