Lott - Send me some of the bullets, and I'll run them through my 30 Herret TC . But only in the interest of science of course.[Linked Image][Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Mine wears a 12 5/8" barrel ( I bought the gun second hand, and some crazy Alaskan (and I mean that in the nicest possible sense) had cut the barrel down and parkerized the whole gun)
<br>
<br>I bet I could see over 2500 fps with 110 grainers. I base this on being able to do just about 2000 fps with 150 grainers. But with the standard TC throat, There's going to be something like .250"-.350" bullet jump.
<br>
<br>If you are really serious about the Herret, I think you would want to find a .30 carbine barrel, and have it re-chambered to .30 Herret. The factory chamber in mine pretty much sucks for accuracy. Overly large, with yards of freebore.
<br>
<br>There is a smith that speciaizes in TC rechambering. II can't remember his name off hand, but he participates on the Greybeard Outdoors forum. I'm tempted to have this barrel rechamberd by him to .307 Win, or something of the sort. I hate to lose the efficiency of the Herret, but I'd like a nice tight chamber that had a shorter throat.
<br>
<br>Scott