Capt-e,
<br>
<br>You are thinking of Mike Bellm. He offers what he calls the lazy mans herret where he cuts the throat longer to use untrimmed 30-30 cases, and to clean up the factory throat.
<br>
<br>As far as crazy Alaskans, I refer to them as colorful characters, and this land wouldn't be the same without em.
<br>
<br>Thanks for the generous offer wink but I guess I'll have to cough up the $95 for a barrel and do the test myself. I got a 115 gr lee mold for my wifes 308, and it'll be a fun recoil less bullet for plinker loads in the herrett.
<br>
<br>I don't think one would get over 2500 w/ the 110's Original articles said they were getting 2400 w/ 125's, but based on my 357 Herret results, I'd tend to think they were either overly optomistic, or really pushed the pressures. I don't want a round that'll stretch the frame, and in that vein, the 300 whisper would be a better test bed, ifn' the barrels weren't so exspensive.
<br>
<br>Hmm, my buddy has a 9" 300 whisper, wonder if he'll let me borrow it to do some testing with 110 gr X bullets?