Lott,
<br>
<br>Another buddy just got rid of his 30Herret,it was a 10". Had the holster,dies and a couple 100pcs of formed brass,plus bases/rings. He sold it for a measley $350! Again,to finance a rifle project(his second 243Ackley and it wasn't The Pimp).
<br>
<br>In a TC,the 300Whisper appeals to me. Brass is easy to make and it really does more than a casual glance,would reveal. A pard had one,in an M4,what a HOOT!!!
<br>
<br>Your 225X / 250A-frame debacle,is difficult for me to weigh-in on. You simply can't elevate velocities enough,to see a marked trajectory difference(I don't THINK,as I've never dabbled with that chambering). Both will dig plenty deep and deliver the goods. Plus you are working with significant weight to start with. The chances of pushing the A-frame fast enough,to tend to make it fail and sacrifice penetration,is damn slim at best.
<br>
<br>In a modest round,that produces sub 3000fps muzzle speeds,the X is very nice insurance of reaching vitals and breaking bones. Over that 3000fps threshold,I'm of the mind that it is nearly mandatory,to assure predictable results. Certainly at 3500fps,you'd best be 100% convinced of the performance of the projectile you are launching.
<br>
<br>Nice to have a single bullet,that will comfortably handle it ALL.................
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."