Blaine,
That was the kind of excellent summation that you are quite skilled at. I agree with each aspect.

But I believe there is another trend that you do not discuss.

That is the trend of polarization based on some kind of "us versus them" mentality. It appears some believe that all of what some post is totally right and of absolute value and all of what others post is totally wrong and worthless. That mindset is obviously wrong and terribly damaging to the operation of the forum and does injustice to all invloved.

That has even given rise to questioning the accuracy and validity of the Scripture itself and that of the Bible version preferred. That's a topic that cannot be successfully given justice on a forum such as this, as was recently demonstrated. What it can and may have done for some folks in the wings is to imply that Scripture can't be trusted for the truth. While I hope that was never the intent, it may be the reality for some.

Certainly, Scripture has and will continue to be misused by some inappropriately, but as you have aptly pointed out; there are "no pushovers" among the frequenters of this forum. Deceptive attempts in the use of scripture to promote an agenda would be quickly called into question here. We may not always agree on a passage but I have yet to recognize any attempt at deception rising out of Scripture usage from the regular members.

We all need to come to an honest and full agreement of your second statement: "Most, probably all of us, who have been active in posting, have a personal relationship with Jesus and are focused on having the proper understanding of the Word." I fully agree. When it becomes suspect to me or blatantly plain that some are not in agreement with that statement from their posts, the thread unravels and its purpose is frustrated.

I believe we need to employ both generous helpings of love and the golden rule in our posts and dealings with each other. That is difficult when you believe you are under attack but I have come to understand that such attacks personally build faith. Nevertheless it is damaging to the Church as a whole when we cannibalize each other for prideful intents and I would love to see it stop.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.