Originally Posted by whelennut
Originally Posted by ingwe
Whats a .338 federal....? whistle

Ingwe,
Think of it as a .308 with big girl panties.
grin
DPMS offers it in their AR 10. That would be a good choice if you ever get pinned down by a herd of bears.
whelennut

Whelenut, that one really made me grin!

I recently received in trade a DPMS LR-308 w/16" barrel that weighs in at 11.5 pounds with full-20rd mag and Leupy compact 2-7x scope. I shot amateur-level in our gun club/locally doing CMP shoots when that was big about 10+ years ago, and now that I have been shooting with various types of firearms over the last few years, the AR-type gun really appeals to me, and despite the muzzle blast, I really love this gun!

I & my gun-pimp were musing about the DPMS in other calibers, and he stated that it was once available in 300 SAUM. I saw that it was not any longer, but 338 fed was. I cannot afford to do anything for about a years, but you know, with this lower in 308 for a SHTF scenario, plus a 243 or 260 upper and a 338 fed too....well, that would go a long way towards totally covering everything i was interested in hunting....ya know?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.