Originally Posted by Salmotrutta
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Pick one and get after it, don't matter to me which one you use but I have a hard time finding the 338 Fed to be the big 7's equal. But, that's just how I see it.

Dober

You are right on the money. The 7mm mag and a .338 Fed are way too different to even start to compare. What Federal left out of that marketing comparison was the "at the muzzle" part. That being said stuffing a 160 in a .338 makes about as much sense as a 120 gr in a 7 mm, you really have to ask WHY??

Now Mark, crunch the numbers on a .338 Fed with a 185 TTSX going 2750-2770 fps and you will see that its very adequate to 500 yds, and arguably the best of the bunch for big critters from a standard SA. A 7 mm Mag its not, but maybe better described as "almost a .30-06", but so is a well loaded .308 - some would argue....

Since we be gakkin' and all, if a feller really wanted to go long with a .338 Fed, the 225-gn Accubond at 2500 fps (which should be doable, as long as COAL doesn't become a problem) wipes a light/ fast bullet off the game board. smile

Having run low-BC bullets fast with my .358, and tried them at longer ranges, I can tell you they suuuuck. It's the wind; it has it's way with them.

And of course a 7mm eats either's lunch AND steals their chocolate milk AND gives them an atomic wedgie for drill. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!