Originally Posted by logcutter

I sure don't get why alot of the 7MM fans are so defensive about there choice...Could it be the dreaded little rifle caliber disease? grin grin

Jayco

Nope....some of us just don't care what other people shoot....we know what we can do with what we use....we only get defensive when folks say stupid shidt,or under direct attack.... wink

Folks who firmly beleive in bigger stuff like to regale us with tales of the superiority of fractionally larger bore sizes and more corpulent bullets,and how we are doomed to failure if we aren't using something with a hole in the barrel big enough to fit a sewer rat...blowing on like bagpipes and telling tall tales of elk shot with 7mm's that make it over park boundaries and how a Big Bore saved the day......this makes for good entertainment,but can't be taken seriously. crazy

Mostly, we laugh....and go on killing stuff. Happens several thousand times every year. grin

These silly conversations have been going on for decades....makes me wonder wwhich side really suffers from the syndromes and other disorders(?)

I likely will never get to test the theory on the troublesome grizzly; I have only killed two, so what do I know confused......the folks I know to whom it happened did not have a chance to read the tables at the time to know they were poorly armed....they just shot well with what they had....that tends to work pretty well,mostly. wink smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.