My first reproduction Sharps was a Pedersoli that I ordered from Cabela's when they first stocked them. now I have 6 Shiloh's and one being build. There has to be a reason.
I don't know what the imports selling for now and I don't care. I learn fast what not to get again. The hammer on the import started to look like the head of a chisel after getting beat on with a hammer. The main spring broke in a short time. The tang sight flopped back and forth, Tried to tighten it up and it held for two range sessions well It's laying in the weeds. Went to using the ladder sight and the slide would not hold in position. The lever started to grind down on the lever spring to the point that it was uneven on the spring face.
I called Pedersoli in Italy and talked to a very polite lady to get a credit for the expense of replacement parts and all I got was "i'm sorry to hear about your problem with the rifle"

I always say first time it/s your fault second time it's my fault.

A Shiloh might cost a little more, cant say this for sure, but the quality and customer service and the lifetime warranty is second to none.

Kurt