This past weekend I shot in a BPCR silhouette match, and was paired with a fellow who was shooting a C. Sharps high wall, so I had a fairly good opportunity to look at the rifle and observe its performance.

As those in the world of BPCRs are aware, Shiloh sets a high standard for fit and finish, as well as performance. Few rifles at any price, including many full custom jobs, are the equal to Shiloh in fit and finish. It is simply awesome what this small, family owned rifle manufacturer can produce in a production or at most semi-custom rifle at a very fair price. Shiloh offers terrific value.

Though the C. Sharps did not seem to be the equal of Shiloh in the appearance details, it was a very nice rifle. I saw nothing about the rifle that would turn me away from owning one. As I told Mr. Blair in a PM, if I wanted an 1885 in its original form (as opposed to a Browning), I wouldn't hesitate to get a C. Sharps. They sell their action separately, and one would be my choice as a basis for a custom 1885.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.