E Blair - You didn't start anything. You asked some questions and some of us tried to give realistic and truthful responses, based on our experiences, as well as try to point you down the right path. But you are an intelligent grownup and are, hopefully grin, able to weigh everything said and make up your own mind. There are none if us here, that I am aware of anyhow, who are set to gain anything of monetary value by preferring one manufacturer of BPCR rifles over another, as one stoner has suggested. As with most things in life, there is personal preference . . . and that is all. It is true, you can buy a Pedersoli for less money than a Shiloh Sharps or C Sharps, BUT, the latter two will keep or increase their value over time and, in all probability, a Pedersoli will not - and with the prices of the Pedersolis at this time, the difference is much less than in the past. I am making that comparison based on NEW rifles, not the occassional discounted used carbine some are. I bought a new Shiloh ten years ago, I bought another last fall - the price difference was about $400 between the two. The latest one has semi-fancy wood, the first one doesn't.

Anyway, E Blair, stick around and keep asking questions. We will all try to assist in any way we can. It will, however, be up to you to sift the pepper from the flyschitt.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member