Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Brent,

We werecarving Sharps Actions outta' BILLET up in B.C. in the 1970s.

I handled and SHOT the prototype C.Sharps '75 with my friend Schofstal (World Creedmoor 2002) before they went into production. I've also gotten to handle and drool on some beautiful Axtel 77s', and enjoy the smiles of the Fair Carmen Axtel.

Thanks for the Historical advice, and the basics briefing.....I kinda' thought we were on the same page,...

You pretty much assume that you're an oracle of some sort, and nobody else ever played with these damn things, I guess.

GTC

Well, fair Carmen has her legion of admirers for certain. But I've never met her, and I've only spoken with her once on the phone myself. I will say however, for as fair as she may have been and as sleek as her rifles appearedm they were not always well made. And that's being polite. That one of mine in particular. I could tell you about a pile of others as well. Or you could come to Raton and I could introduce you to a few folks.

Meanwhile, some fancy machine work and a new barrel fixed saved my 77 from the scrap heap.

I know the difference between 77s and the real 75s. And I know how to make my 77 shoot, but it was no easy road. You can call that oracling or whatever the hell you want.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.