Originally Posted by dkevinbarnes
I had a similar experience last week. travis3484 posted that he wtb a spotting scope. I sent him an email about an extra that I was not using. After sending him pics, answering many questions and getting low balled down to my bottom price, he says he will take it. I specify that I must receive funds before I ship and about 4-5 days later he sends a PM that he no longer wants it.

Because this sounds very similar to what Hogan is bringing up, I just went back and looked at travis3484's history and ALL of his 80 posts are WTB postings in the classifieds. I'm now convinced he was hoping I would just send the scope before payment was received. Nothing lost on my end but a little time, but just a warning for people to be careful who they deal with.

80 posts all WTB..incredible.

Maybe if guys were forced to participate in some form on this forum other that the classifieds it would curtail that crap.

Admittedly my initial reason for joining the fire was to find a good LH rifle. A friend recommended the classifieds, but since then I've really realized the fraternity between everyone around all of these forums.