Well, I'm not sure if the PM I sent you went through or not, so I'll paste the exact message I sent you today after reading this thread:

The reason I posted a WTB for a barrel for EITHER a Rem700 or M70 was because I was going to let the barrel dictate which action I bought. I realize that's a bit backwards, but hey, both are great actions.

I thought your asking price was just a bit high at first, but realizing you're a good guy I didn't want to lowball you. i don't recall EVER offering even close to half of what you wanted, and I had said that 140 shipped sounded quite fair.

The next point that I likely made a mistake in was asking you to hold it for me. I had thought that since you hadn't posted it for sale in the Classifieds, you were in no hurry to get rid of it. I had every intention of purchasing the barrel from you, as I had an action lined up with a seller at the exact same time.

I guess what my main hope was that I was going to find someone who wanted to work with me a little bit on the deal. Maybe hold it for me for a bit if they didn't really need to sell it, or maybe do a trade of some sort. I realize that you weren't that guy, and that is totally fine, I understand completely wanting to sell something ASAP when answering a WTB ad.

I'm just an 18 year old student still learning how this game works, and I apologize for making some mistakes in our hopeful deal. I hope you do not think any less of me, as I've done probably 10-15 great deals on this site without even a hiccup. I was also able to donate to the Kids in Need thread, and have since donated more supplies and help to people around my town.

I hope this begins to clear things up a bit, thanks for listening. Hope all is well in your camp, and that you can understand my apology.

Thanks, Tanner

-------------------

I learned when I was young that in the end, all you have is your good name. Like I said in my apology, I'm still kind of learning how this whole system works, what is okay and what is not. This is a bummer for me to see, after thinking that I had kind of worked myself into a good name with the deals I'd done and what-not. No money was lost on either end, so I would hope that hogan could just let it go and actually read my apology. I'd hate to have my name dragged through the mud and have the friends I've made on here think any less of me.