Originally Posted by hogan
Perhaps the young man is inexperienced and didn't have larceny in his heart? I can give him that.

I have not followed his Blazing path across this forum and had he disclosed his age, it would have explained a lot.

I am not a "dealer", nor do I care about selling this gear at this time. I do understand this is a family site. I haven't sold gear to minors or teenagers that I know of. Sold a few knives years ago, but not to anyone under age 21.

I did think Mr. Tanner showed a high level of immaturity in the way he posted his WTBs for same stuff all over the net. Thought maybe he was just a nut job having a mid-life crisis. Not like there is a shortage of these types on the forums that're always buying loads of stuff and chisel you down on price to get a fair price...

Are there lots of 18 and under folk posting here? Mr. Tanner is evidently in process of building several rifles. He can't decide if he wants a Rem 700 or Win 70 in .375 H&H. Maybe he's gonna buy both; if he can get a "fair price"....

There is a big "fair price" crowd at Campfire. It is obnoxious and a sign of immaturity to expect a stranger you've never met or shown interest in to cut you a deal because you're YOU and YOU think you deserve whatever you want on whatever terms you decide are fair...

When a guy, even if he is only 18, is only interested in price. Whe he don't care to see a pic that you've offered, when he won't sign is full name in course of a couple replies, it shows all the guy cares about is a cheap deal.

Guys who are all about the money are rarely worth knowing, and even less likely are they worth dealing with. When a guy says he wants to buy and don't state how or when he's going to pay you, it is a harbinger of doom on a deal.

I've bought stuff from some of the people on this thread. Pretty sure I bought a Buckmasters scope from Traylor. Paid $225 for the used scope, no box, in decent condition if you like a mildly canted mil-dot reticle. Course, might've been another guy who's a lawyer in OR. Seems like the guy was a lawyer... Maybe Killer owns a meat market or a feedlot? Good name for a lawyer anyway; honest...

Ya know guys, I've posted good replies on a variety of subjects here over the years, but I'm on other forums since my real interest is more in precision shooting and handloading, plus hunting with tactical gear. I am no longer mad at the deer, turkey's, moose, or bear. I've killed and field dressed enough game animals, but still admit to liking a Grouse dinner from time to time...

Tanner will fit in really well here. He's learned from The Best to assume he ain't gonna get a fair deal or a fair price... He's learned that The Chase here on The Classifieds is all about beating a guy out of his last $10..

I came to this forum in 2006, and "you guys" were running some poor guy out of town on a rail for admitting he needed the money to pay bills so decided to sell his gear to a guy who offered him more than the first guy who posted "I'll take it"...

Bunch of grifters then and a bunch of grifters now.
I doubt I've posted 5 items for sale here since 2012 rolled in.

I am glad I was successful enough not to ever have to worry about whether if I sold something too low, would my family or financial situation suffer...

Have met a bunch of good guys here in between the bums, but ain't that the way of life? It's all about your perspective.

Some of the biggest bums are the most unlikely. Like the military upper-level officer who was ecstatic to buy my
Rem 700 .22-250 Varmint Special barreled action. He just needed 3 weeks to come up with the other half of the money. A month later, having never head from him that he needed to pay later than planned, I sent him back his $300 deposit less cost for postal moneyorder and stamp. The guy bitched me out, but he conducted his business like a bum...

Oh well, some deals get done, some don't.
Life is too short to have to deal with bums...

If your original post was started to segway to a "bitch about a lot of other deals and call out additional others along the way" platform, you've succeeded - congratulations. wink

A simple search prior to offering the tube to Tanner would have shown you he's a ridiculously eager youngster soaking in all he can regarding rifles. I'm sure you had everything figured out when you were 18, I know I did. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D