Tanner says above: "I was looking for a takeoff 375 barrel. Don't need one anymore."

Not True.
Not once while we were messaging did The Kid say he was just making inquiries. He posted that he Wanted To Buy, not that he was "looking for a barrel".

If you are "looking for" an item, it means you want to SEE What Is Out There. This is also a forum-grifters sort of gambit because it fast becomes a race to the bottom among those who will take anything... This place is all about scamming the seller and sellers not disclosing defects they should have. But all among buddies, eh?

If you are "Looking For" an item, is your first response to see how low in price seller will go?

No. You're just LOOKING, with no intent to buy today.

If guy says he Wants To Buy, do you take him at his Word?
He's said he's a buyer.
Can you assume he wants to buy and get the item promptly?
Should he say so, up front; IF he don't have the money to pay right away? Should he say he can wait for an item in his budget?

It always amuses me to see guys who post "willing to pay a fair price" because they get no replies, not even a "sent you a PM"...

Tanner was not conducting himself with any degree of honesty. After working me down on price, but never telling me his full name or his age.
He tells me he wants to buy, just couldn't pay right then.

He said nothing about buying my gear being dependent upon other factors.

Guys have said they've wrecked their truck or had medical expenses, so had to pull out of a buy they committed to; Stuff Happens. You find another buyer.

I got no grudge here, but the events aren't as The Kid sees them. I never named him, he came on here. He is just a model Campfire member who sees getting what he wants at any price as the reason for living; like so many other bums on this board.