Originally Posted by reelman
Originally Posted by BobinNH
It was chambered in the pre 64 Winchester M70.

Yes they did but the OP says the M700 and M7 are to expensive. A P64 M70 in 35 Rem will set you back A LOT of money.

About 20 years ago, at the first gun shop I worked in, it was a very busy fall evening on the indoor rifle range as hunters waited in line to get in to check the zero on their deer rifles. There were probably 3 guys waiting and they all left their rifles laying on a table in front of the range master's desk as they nosed around the store waiting their turn. I walked back to the range area to get a soda out of the drink machine and happened to glance at the table. I vividly remember there was a Marlin .30/30, a Remington "Jam-O-Matic" and what looked like a Pre-64 70 with iron sights. I casually walked over and turned it over to see what caliber it was. I was shocked to see it was a .35 Rem. and it was near pristine! I asked the range guy who it belonged to and he said "That young guy waiting on the range." I walked back into the store area and approached the "young guy", about 20 years old, looking at scopes. I asked if he owned the gun and he said "Yeah, my grandpa left me that one." I jokingly offered him trade on any new rifle in the store, including a Weatherby Lazermark in his choice of caliber, but as expected, he declined because of the sentimental value. I respected that and told him that if he EVER changed his mind, to look me up. I also told him to take good care of it and told him that it was worth several thousand dollars. At the time, I remember seeing them in the Gun List once in awhile for in the $4,000 range. To my horror, he was considering having it drilled and tapped for a scope and I encouraged him to buy a rifle ready to be scoped and leave that one as is. He agreed, but I never saw him again so who knows what became of that fine rifle. I think of it often, kind of like the many hot girls that got away....