Originally Posted by grovey
How would the old hornady 100 gr interlock round nose stack up against the op's sierra 85 bthp and 100 gr corelokt?
I have no experience with the Sierra but with that weight in a C&C/HP it sounds more like a coyote bullet. I think that if you hit the deer in the chest cavity it would be bang/flop. Shoulder shots, I wouldn't but it would probably kill also but with huge meat damage. The 100 grain CoreLokt in 6mm is designed for deer so I wouldn't hesitate to use it on any deer sized animal. I'm sure no expert on shoulder shooting damage because I don't shoot them there. Behind the shoulder works well for me and that's why I shoot them there. Looking at some of the photographs on this site would sure turn me against shoulder shooting. Some of these animals look like there is no edible meat left in the front third of it. I just aim 1/2 way up the body behind the shoulder and it gives you the largest kill zone. Dead on you get a double lunger. If you hit high, you get the main artery to the rear or spine. If you hit low you get the heart. If you hit left or right you get the shoulder/lung or the liver, all of these on the ethical broadside shot.