Originally Posted by jorgeI
"harvest"?...

Well I like a good debate once in while to get people thinking or just to engage a discussion. I'm really indifferent on this, but I have my reasons for disliking some of the things that make hunters look questionable.

I teach MN firearms safety and were taught to use the phrase "harvest" or "taking" over the term "killing". It also applies to saying "firearm" or "gun" instead of "weapon". 80% of the people are neutral on hunting so we teach to cover your bloody game during transit to not offend non-hunters. MN suffered the "lead in meat" ban for food shelf donated venision and thats another tool for anti-hunters could leverage(and part of my personal bias for lung shots). The lead in meat panic has stopped somewhat. The one thing hunters do that hurts us is "I eat everything I kill" and I don't want to start eating skunks or coyotes personally. One thing I hate about hunting shows is they seem to glorify the antlers only and sound so disappointed when they harvest a smaller than expected buck, but few promote the nourisment. The goofy "cutting out the back straps" thing always makes me wonder if they throw the rest of the deer away.

So you may say I am giving in to the "political correct" people when I say "harvest" or worrying about lead and bone fragments in meat for the deer I gift away occasionally. You could say I am giving into the MN DNR propaganda machine in teaching this stuff, but I have to believe I fall in the middle trying to recruit new hunters who are bombarded with "killing is bad and lets hug" while they play first person shooter games in their basement becoming desensitized.

Thats all. chilling now.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?