Originally Posted by southtexas
"I assume Texas allows you to take several deer so throwing the shoulders in the scrap bucket isn't a big deal. Up here in MN, we are quite limited to one deer typically and only a few days to hunt so maybe you should expand your mind to my perspective, huh, Dick?"

You make a lot of assumptions. Many of which are wrong or irrelevant. I never questioned your hunting methods or ethics. Only your narrow minded prejudices.

Narrow minded? You won't open your mind to a more conservative less meat wasteful mindset. I could "bust shoulders" if I was paranoid about tracking deer into the popple trees, tad alders, down the ravines, and into the beaver sloughs. I don't.

You take offence that I'm calling out a hunting method that makes you question yourself. You never see the hunting shows come to Minnesota where you can't use bait piles, high fences, raise their deer like cattle, and feed the big horn culture.

Enlighten me on how you hunt and your game laws instead of criticizing my values, traditions, and laws of my land.

To make this an engaged discussion, answer a few questions:

1. Do you and your hunting crew harvest does and why / why not?
2. Do you own / lease / guest of where you hunt?
3. Do you do anything to promote ehtical hunting or a positive hunting outside of hunting season?
4. Give me a quick rundown of your game laws & seasons since I've made assumptions?
5. How do you personally manage your buck harvest and any selection rules?
6. Do you recruit hunters?

Last edited by humdinger; 11/01/13. Reason: fan the flames - enlighten me.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?