Well my season is far from over. Deer is just opening here in NC but I did take a backpack hunt with Rock Chuck in October and based on that:

My Asolo 520 boots were still a bit stiff during my October pack hunt in Idaho but were totally broken in by the end of the week.(I was pretty well broken in by then too!) The extra ankle support helped and felt better in those mountains than the lightweight Lowa Renegades I wore last year.
[Linked Image]

The GoLite SL 5 worked well for two. We added a small folding table made coffee and cooked our breakfast each morning in the comfort of our bags. Had a snow the last day which showed the need for a sod skirt but overall it worked pretty good.
[Linked Image]

The Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm-08 with a Leopold VX-II 3-9 40mm @ about 7 pounds total was much more enjoyable to carry than the 10 1/2 lb Weatherby I carried last year. And it was plenty effective on the little mulie buck, the first animal it was used on.

Second year in a row, I am sold on the Kifaru Gunbearer. I'll take it 100 to 1 over a typical sling.

Rock Chuck's llamas were da bomb! Best "gear" yet. In fact, if I can find a place to keep them, I'm seriously considering a pair of these guys myself! From packing in camp, with plenty of gear as you can see in the tipi photo above, to packing out meat these boys were awesome!
[Linked Image]

And this isn't my gear but Rock Chuck picked up a little folding aluminum table and two matching stools from Sportsman's Warehouse which were compact, lightweight, and very functional and useful.
[Linked Image]

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com