Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Brad
Anything that is blow-up will have issues sooner or later, which is one reason I carry a 1/4" Evazote pad to use on top of any inflatable.

Originally Posted by Brad
It's so easy to get accustomed to something and ignore its down-side when you've not had a failure. It's just human nature!

I always carry a Thermarest patch kit for my inflatables, but also pack the redundancy of a closed cell pad. The closed cell is super-nice on top of my Neoair, whatever the outside temps.

LOL, who said they hadn't had one fail? What I said was, I've had good performance from them over the past 30 years. I don't think a leak or two cancels that, I've had not-so-good performance from other brands. You're not the only one who carries a closed cell pad. They have a lot of other uses, besides just as a back-up.

Anyway, from the number of comments about Neoairs, it appears I'm not the only one who thinks Thermarest makes good products.

Hey smokepole... I was talking with Maverick, not you. I haven't even read your post on this thread.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery