Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Tanner

Dislikes-

Every single pair of boots I've ever worn. From now on I'm wearing lowcut Merrell Phaser Peaks and gaiters.

Tanner

Tanner, you might want to try a pair of Zamberlans.
I bought a pair last Winter and really like them. They appear to be very well made boots, wear them all day walking and they are very comfortable. Reasonably stiff but didn't require much of a break-in.

Of course feet are subjective but they might work for you.

You probably have bigger feet but if you are a size 10.5(M) order a pair and if they don't fit I'll buy them from you. Was thinking about getting a spare pair anyway before they discontinue the model.

http://www.amazon.com/Zamberlan-631...amp;sr=8-14&keywords=zamberlan+boots

[Linked Image]

Sammo,

Thanks for the idea. I believe I've tried on a pair or 2 of Zamberlans at REI, but they were the hardcore looking mountaineering boots. I was still pretty impressed. I'm going to see if the local one has any of the ones you're wearing.

I've actually got smaller feet (9.5) so I get lucky in that most places have that size in stock. Lowas fit my feet pretty good, too.

I think with some gaiters, those Zamberlans you've got would be perfect for all the hunting I do.

Tanner
Hope you had better luck with the Z's than I did. They did great then one day that shredded my feet. Want to see a pic of some blisters?? wink

Didn't use alot of new stuff this year as most my hunting was pretty tame and no hunts were out of a backpack. One 'piece' was a phone GPS app + data that allowed me to determine land ownership. Quite slick to have that on your phone. Hope the guy I tested if for is able to make it available with a broader coverage. The other was a Leupold 1000i rangefinder. It worked as well as I could aim it. The only downside is that it's lightweight and small size make it harder to hold steady than my ancient Bushnells. One last was 139gr Scenars. In taking 4 pronghorn, I can see no fault in them for that use.