New stuff that worked:

Kind of like Kevin T, I have usually hunted in trail runners, but with more wet weather I went to a pair of Lowa Renegade's. They are almost as light as trail runners, but higher and better support. Great boot.

Tried some new gaiters this year, the OR Wrapid Gaiter:
http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/review/product/list/id/32455/?pageId=61110OR

I really like these. Time will tell if the Velcro or Omni Tape or what ever brand fastener they use will hold up. But so far they are great.

Black Diamond Ultra Mountain Carbon Trekking Pole. Awesome and fantastic comes to mind. These are the burlier big brother to my BD Z poles. Very sturdy, compact, accept both trekking pole baskets and bigger snow baskets. I have shot my last 5 animals using trekking poles as a rifle rest and these are the best so far.

Paradox Evolution Backpack. The more I use it the more I like it. I'll have a more complete write-up on this.

Not really new but I've been really pleased with the Dahlgren Alpaca socks. Actually like them better than Merino.

Also not exactly new, but the Ibex Hooded Indie Merino top has replaced my nearly worn out BPL Merino Hoodie. The Indie is slightly heavier weight Merino but still light enough for a base layer. I love a Hoodie, as I can then just wear a ball-cap and not carry an extra hat unless it is really cold.

Existing gear that just flat works:

Kimber .308 with Barnes 150 TTSX. This little rifle/bullet combo has tipped over somewhere around 8 elk, several sheep and a couple deer over the past years.

Kahtoola MicroSpikes. For me they are essential for packing big loads in slippery conditions.

Zebra light headlamp. Love the size, brightness and the fact that it takes a single AA battery. You do need to remember to throttle down the light output when you can for maximum battery life.

Rab Vapour Rise pants. Still the best I have ever used. Light, great comfort temperature range, work well in the snow and wet. I plan on picking up a pair of the Vapour Rise Guide pants next.

Sawvivor, still the most efficient saw for the backcountry IMO.

GB axes. They rock and are one of the quickest ways to get a good fire going. Still not sure on the Outdoor Ax. I've been carrying the Small Forest or the Scandinavian Forest Ax more and more. I am beginning to think the handle is too straight on the Outdoor Ax.

More season left, more stuff to decide on.

Ed T