Just did a couple days of elk hunting. Was truck camping but included in some gear testing. Tested out the new large xtherm and had no issues. Same neoair performance I've grown to really like. Got down into the high 20s the first night. Xtherm and 10 degree Enlightened Equipment revelation x and I was toasty warm. Took the 30 degree version of the same quilt down to the high 30s. Ran same merino baselayers I always wear when packing both nights. Added a cabelas ecws 1/4 zip in the 30, but I'm confident I could have done without. Quilts are definitely within 10 degrees of listed temperature for me.

Got to spend 2 days with my new Swarovski 8x30 CL. Best I can tell these are THE backpacking glass. Light, small, and glass at least as good as the older Zeiss Victory 8x40 I just sold. Was worried about low light performance but at o'dark thirty they let me see the spikes on an elk that saved my bacon. He was getting ready to catch an arrow to fill my cow tag!

Still liking my HPG Umlindi. It got "borrowed" for a bit...long story, and I got to think hard about replacing it. Were I buying again I might try to find something lighter, but I haven't found anything yet I like better.

Leupold Yosemite again impressed the heck out of me for the money spent. Ran a pair of 8x30 until my Swarovski arrived. Still best bang for the buck for a beginner or someone getting started.

Stupidly sold my Tarptent Contrail and made it a week before I bought another. Still digging it. Sure, not as easy to get into as a side entry but you get an awful lot for very little weight.