Correction on my earlier post: It is Cafe Brit (or Britt) from Costa Rica. I'd only heard it pronounced badly and thought they said Brick. It tastes superb, so much so that word is that Guatemala imports it and repackages it as grown in Guatemala. There are some mighty fine coffees out there, and Kenyan is up there, especially if it is ground fresh and introduced into good water appropriately.

Had a great cup of coffee in a dark ally in Istanbul once. I was dumb enough to go with a guy I met on the street and sat down for supper with who claimed he wanted to practice his English. After supper he offered to buy me the best cup of coffee in Istanbul, and I wouldn't argue that conclusion after I tasted it. Ambience I'd describe as scary. I suspect the guy was secret police, and I was probably safer with him than anybody.

The Eastern Mediterranean has some stuff called metrio (sp) which I'd assume is a Greek word. Maybe it is what they call Greek coffee but I've never ordered a Greek coffee to compare. Metrio (may-tree-oh) is a mix of espresso, near bitter chocolate and mud served in a tiny cup. I'll differ with Boggy here in that I love the stuff, and it is a flavoured concoction.

Word in Central America is that Starbucks buys third rate coffee beans. I'm no coffee gourmet, but my daughter-in-law is. She mixes about 1/4 Cafe Brit (when she can get it) with 3/4 of the best Starbucks for brewing at home, to improve the Starbucks flavor.