Originally Posted by BobinNH
rta if I show up at the ranch in Wyoming lugging something other than a 270,my old pal rancher looks at me (with eyes narrowed),and says....

"What are you messin' with now?...You should know better by now you don't need anything other than your 270..." blush smile

I mentioned this before, but over the years I've found myself describing several of my favorite chamberings to folks who aren't into such things. Telling them, "It's about like a .270", generally gets the point across and is not far from the truth. 120 to 160 grains at 3,100 to 2,800 fps, and you're lumping in about a dozen 6.5's and 7mm's. Not a bad place to be, but I like rifles too much to cut back to just the 270Win, even if it makes sense.....

A buddy recently called me about his wife's rifle, a walnut 700ADL in .270Win. They were at a sporting goods store looking for ammo and a scope. I told them to buy some 150gr WW Powerpoints and a Redfield Revolution. 4-5 shots later and I had her zeroed at 200yds and she can effectively kill anything that she might encounter locally with no fuss.

Now with even more aplomb