Originally Posted by scenarshooter
A .270 under performing on deer? Really? I've been at this big game hunting thing a long time, and I've never heard that comment before.

Do some of you guys expect every animal you shoot, as you put it "DRT", to instantly die as if struck by lightning? In all of the guiding and hunting with friends, family and my own kills, I'm always way more nervous when I see a big game animal drop on the spot. I'd much rather see a short death run from a properly placed lung shot anytime. Believe it or not, I've seen more than a few of those DRT's miraculously jump up and before another shot could be fired, disappear into the heavy cover, never to be seen again.....the term DRT, is about as appauling to me, as guys calling extra points on antlers, "trash".

I agree on both points. DRT means small deer or doe hit in the spine or a neck shot when the target was somewhere else, or worse news yet, as you described.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.