I have been big game hunting fairly regularly since the mid eighties when I was a teenager. Most years I would kill hundreds of pigs and goats. This has continued to now but these days I don't shoot as many and go more for the bigger animals and enjoy the hunt.

For the bulk of the first 20 odd years the 308 Win was my go-to cartridge, mainly using 150 bullets. Never had a complaint about the way it kills. Also used a good few others along the way from 222 Rem to 30-06, 30-30, 303 British and others.

I kind of always scoffed at the 270. Then a couple of years ago I ended up with one, which I always swore in a way that I never would.

Long story short, the 270 shooting a good 130g handload just "feels" like more gun than the 308 with 150s. Seems to hit harder and kill quicker. In the last 2.5 years I have killed a couple hundred pigs and goats with the 270 using a variety of 130 and 150g handloads so in a short period have gained a lot if experience hunting with it.

I also use a 30-06, mainly with 180 grain bullets. I find it's performance indiscernible from the 270 Win with 150 grainers.

I also love the 160g Partitions. Holy Crap those things hit hard. I culled some feral horses a few months ago using those, 400 to 500 kilogram animals just hitting the ground where they were standing! I deliberately aimed for the hardest part of the shoulder on all shots too. No exits, but clearly every bullet went right through the vitals given the almost instant deaths the animals experienced.

So from a reformed 270 Win hater, the 270 has heaps going for it.