Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by DINK

My personal observations.

I agree with everyone that says it's the same as a 30-06, 280, etc. but for me I it has not been.

Take the buck I killed this year. I shot him quartering toward me at 94 yards. I was shooting off bog-pod. Barnes 130 grain TTSX in front of 60.0 grains H4831, sparked by 210M. Velocity right at 3000 fps. Bullet broke his right front shoulder, through the length of his body and lodged against the bone in left rear quarter. The deer ran 90-100 yards never leaving a drop of blood I could find and searched the trail back and forth twice.

I have shot deer with exact shot placement with a 30-06 and never took a step.

I have shot other deer that were the same way, little to no blood trail, shots that should have made them hit the ground they just take off running.

I really think it's just unlucky for me.

Dink

How many animals have you killed with the 270, compared to the 30-06, 280, etc.?

I have not killed near the game with a 270 win that I have with 30-06, 300 win or the 300 RUM.

I have used the 270 win for 20 years here and there but the last 3-4 years dedicated myself to using it all season. I have shot seven deer with it between 25 yards and 253 yards during this time (3-4 years) Of the seven four stopped bullets, four left no blood trail and one barely left blood and two dropped at the shot but one needed shot again(before anyone makes fun of my math skills some deer fall into more than category).
What bullet?
Dink