Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Originally Posted by Brad
If I loved the 270 I'd use it for everything here in Montana... 130,140,150... doesn't matter.

I just don't love it, personal quirk of which I have many laugh

I DO love the 308 Win so that's where I hang my hat.

But the 270/130 combo will do everything as far as you care to. I've seen it too many times to think otherwise.

Huh, interesting.

I'm on the other side of that coin. I really do respect the .270 cartridge and use it a lot, yet have no interest whatsoever for the .308 - even knowing full well it's virtues.

I'd buy a .308 because that's what the flavor of the day happen to be chambered in - not because it was a .308...

Brad, its been way too long and I hope you are well! I've had a custom 270 for 6 or 7 years that is built on a rem ti action, #4 lilja tube and Mark Banser stock that shoot lights out. I have had multiple guns since building that gun, but I keep going back to it because it just freaking works. I have killed multiple elk, a mtn goat, speed goats and a pile of deer with this gun. The 150 VLD has just transformed this gun. It is a death ray on elk past 500 yards. I swore by 130s and now just love the downrange punch of the 150ies. You may want to play with the 270 with 150 VLD's........

The 308 is a killer round as well. Run some 185 VLD's in the thing and I think you will be surprised by how far it shoots with authority!