I volunteered to walk MooseMike throught a stock refinishing project and figured this would go a little smoother on a fresh thread. Now for my disclaimer: There are probably a million different ways to refinish a stock. Just because your way is different from mine it doesn't make either right or wrong. This is just a method I've devised from talking to professional stock makers and trial and error.

Here is the project rifle, a BRNO ZG-47. The stock is pretty good shape but the finish is almost gone and it has a small crack in the toe. The crack will be fixed during the refinish and we should end with with a nicer finish when complete.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here are the major things needed for this refinish project. I still need a small cheap paint brush for sealing and a toothbrush to work the finish around the checkering.

[Linked Image]

I imagine this will take about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks to complete. I'm out of town every other day and nothing will get done on those days. Most of the time involved will be waiting for moisture to leave or finishes to dry. Very little time is actually spent working on it.