No, it looks nice from here. Very nice. (But nor do I have my nose 2" off the surface of the wood casting my vision at a shallow angle in good reflective light, so I can't be sure. Never ask me to evaluate something like that via an internet pic, when I can't hold it in my hands and critically examine it.)

Everybody's world view and life experiences are different and that makes for a bazillion approaches to the same problem. Some work, some don't, and very few other than the labor intensive old ones stand the test of time. I have made comments based upon my experiences (and all in public, by the way), and from watching too many emperors parade down the street modeling their new clothes.

As an aside, notice how we all use the term "hand rubbed"? If you stop and think about it, how else would we rub a finish? With our feet, with our noses? Elbows perhaps? Ha ha. It's akin to saying "hand tied flies". Not much foot tying going on, and never has a machine been invented that will tie a fly, and I doubt many monkeys or Labradors can do it either. Just a comment about how phrases can be mis-applied in our lexicon.

That post wasn't about terms, it was about results and I think I made my point. This thread is about refinishing a stock and pictures are the best I can do. Like it or not this is the internet. If you were here I would have no problem letting you take it out in the sunlight, turn it at any angle you wanted and even go over it with a magnifying glass. There simply is no shrinkage or popping. I have given my word and displayed proof of it. If that's not enough, well so be it. On some subjects everyone seems to be an expert and this seems to be one of them. While it may not be your method there is nothing new about it. I've been doing it this way for over 12 years now and learned from others who have been doing it for much longer than that.

I started this thread to help others who didn't know how. I hope it helps.