Ok, I've gotten several PM's about shrinkage and wash out. One was very adamant this was going to happen. I've done it and they haven't but yet they seem to know more than me and than the professional that I learned this technique from.

For ANYONE who is concerned about this I offer these. Pictures taken today of a stock that was done using this same method over 8 years ago. This rifle has been wet many times since built. It's been hunted all day in the rain. It's held up better than me after some of these trips and you can see the results for yourself.

Some of you will probably remember this rifle. It's a Husky 1640 in .270Win. The only difference is it was done in permalyn stock finish and not Watco. I don't use permalyn anymore because I like the performance of the Watco better and that's why I suggested it.

[Linked Image]
See any shrinkage or exposed pores?
[Linked Image]
Anything popped out or missing?
[Linked Image]
Anything that would give you pause?
[Linked Image]
Any reason why you shouldn't trust me when I tell you this works?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I'm no expert on this subject and have never claimed to be but I do feel comfortable and confident enough in what I'm doing to give you detailed "How to" step by step instructions of how and why it's done. I can do so with complete confidence that it will and does work. This isn't something I'm parroting off another website. It's something I've done over a number of years and something I do understand.

All the best,
Terry