Originally Posted by Steelhead

3 of the 4 in my slam were killed with Lawn Darts, the forth with an Atlatl

Steeley',

pix or it didn't happen. LOL

Speaking of slams, here is my DIY Texas Slam........

[Linked Image]

Texas Dall, S & W model 29 Classic, 44 Mag.

[Linked Image]

Corsican, Compound Bow

[Linked Image]

New Zealand Ram, Compound Bow

[Linked Image]

Black Hawaiian, Winchester 70, 270 Win.

[Linked Image]

Aoudad, Browning 1885, 30-06
As and aside, I hunted this guy for 14 months. Third sighting I was able to close the deal.

and last but not least,

[Linked Image]

There's a story behind many of the critters I take. This is one animal that I did not take with a pistol, rifle or bow.

I was taken with a 315/75R 16 Goodyear Wrangler AT.

It goes like this. Opening day of the year 2000 rifle season it came a 500 year flood. That weekend they were doing helicopter rescues of hunters out of trees in the Hill Country due to the flooding. It took us 18 hours and fording streams/rivers to make what normally takes 6 hours to get to deer camp. I hunted all weekend with no luck. Cold and wet. I was heading home and I looked up to the hills to my left. There were a group of Aoudad moseying uphill about some 300 yds away. I had my 338 RUM in the back seat. I stop and grab it. Well its warm inside and cold and damp outside. I pull my rifle out of the case, and the scope lens immediately fogs. By time I get front and rear lens wiped, the Aoudad go over the crest. No shot. I was pissed to say the least. Well I get back in the truck and of course the windows are also fogged now. I've driven a couple hundred yards and I feel a pretty good bump like I've run over something. I stop and get out to look sure enough, a ram had darted across the road just in time to get nailed by the front left tire. He's laying in the road gasping for breath. I hate to see an animal in misery. I had a Ruger Blackhawk in 41 Mag on my hip so I put him out of his misery and drug him off to the side of the road. I got back in the truck and started back up the hill on the way out. I said to myself, self, you don't have to go back empty handed now. I backed up, got my chain-saw out of the back, cut that sucker in half and threw the front half in the pick-up bed.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/07/15.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.