Originally Posted by smokepole
This probably belongs in the workout thread but I didn't want it to get lost in there.

I've been using curcumin and tart cherry juice to help with an arthritic ankle. Neither one is as good as NSAIDs but they both help.

Any others out there that you've had good results with?

Potentially (since I don't know you) you are trying to put out a house fire with a squirt gun. Sugar, grain, and processed carbs and the belly fat that they cause are pro-inflammatory. Eliminating them from your diet will likely help you cool the inflammation going on in your body.

I eliminated grain, refined sugar, and peanuts from my diet about 2 months ago. I didn't drink milk but if I had I would have lost that too. Since then, the tendinitis in my elbow has gone (inflammation), the nagging eczema on my hands and feet is 90% gone (inflammation), my feet don't hurt like they did (inflammation) and I don't get a couple of headaches a week (who knows)...haven't had but one since I started. I went through "withdrawals" for the first couple of weeks and felt lousy, no energy. After I got over that I started feeling freakin fantastic! I've lost a few pounds too, but my main purpose for doing this was to see if it would help with the symptoms I was having.

This is a lot more involved that looking for a pill or supplement, you will need to do some research, but I highly recommend it. Not saying this will cure arthritis although some say it will....probably depends on the extent of it.....but not eating these foods seems to knock inflammation in the head.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn