Originally Posted by jorgeI
11K "al in" for a buff hunt is certainly reasonable, in fact, it is a great deal. I believe my friend's trophy fee alone was 10k a few years ago. How many days is the 11K cover, what other animals can one take and what are their trophy fees. Zim currently right now (but I suspect you know this) runs about 1300/day on the Daily Rate (I don't know if the even have a say, seven day package), plus a 5K trophy fee, which to me is outrageous. One should look at Mozambique, that's where I would look for a buffalo these days.

It's a 8 night, 7 day hunt. The last 3 buff we took there, took us 3 days each to get, so by no means a walk over. It is a self sustaining herd. There are plains game there, but to tell you the truth, we've taken the odd animal there, and always relocated to the Eastern Cape for the plains game portion of the trip. ( by aeroplane) It would be easier to answer if you asked me about specific plains game, then I could check if they are available. ( Plus, as a non-advertising member, I don't feel I should post them here, as it could be seen as marketing.)
The nice thing is you never know what you run into. We come across Leopard tracks quite often, Hyena tracks daily, and you sometimes run into Lions that come through from the park. Always gets the heart pumping when you run into the unexpected.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]