Originally Posted by Chipolopolo
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The bona fides were just as response to the many folks we've had here in the past who've posted been there and done that and turn out to be trolls. Not saying this is the case here, and BTW, my level of experience is not much more than a neophyte and I've never claimed anything else. Guys like you, Hatari, Ingwe and others are the real experts here. And hell, I wasn't even the one who "hijacked" the thread.

I went to a Firebirds restaurant last Sunday evening. They "had" a bull Elk mount on their fireplace. I noticed it gone. I called the waitress over and asked for the manager. She told my wife and I that there had been a new policy come down from corporate. Remove all taxidermy, from all restaurants. She even commented that she had just been transferred from a Pennsylvania location and she had removed a Bison from that one.

I asked for a corporate email address. Wrote a response and copied every hunter I know, lots of guys from AR as well. I called SCI the next day and told them of the incident. I received an email later that day from SCI telling me they are going to look into it.

I got a nice response from Firebirds on Tuesday this week. In which, the woman asked for my phone number which I gave her. in the conversation, she denied they are removing the taxidermy for any politically correct reasons. She stated they are just wanting a "new look" I called BS. This thing has actually got some legs and I predict a reversal of policy.

Steve, thank you for taking a stand against Firebirds. I ask that you will please post a feedback on whether they reverse the decision on taking the mounts down.
We need more and more of these kinds of acts to show the world that us hunters are no push overs.
The problem with common sense these days is that it ain't that common any more.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]