Originally Posted by jorgeI
The bona fides were just as response to the many folks we've had here in the past who've posted been there and done that and turn out to be trolls. Not saying this is the case here, and BTW, my level of experience is not much more than a neophyte and I've never claimed anything else. Guys like you, Hatari, Ingwe and others are the real experts here. And hell, I wasn't even the one who "hijacked" the thread.

I know, I don't think his thread was even jacked that bad. My whole point is; we as a demographic are relics & becoming endangered. We need to make an effort to resemble a solid group.

I went to a Firebirds restaurant last Sunday evening. They "had" a bull Elk mount on their fireplace. I noticed it gone. I called the waitress over and asked for the manager. She told my wife and I that there had been a new policy come down from corporate. Remove all taxidermy, from all restaurants. She even commented that she had just been transferred from a Pennsylvania location and she had removed a Bison from that one.

I asked for a corporate email address. Wrote a response and copied every hunter I know, lots of guys from AR as well. I called SCI the next day and told them of the incident. I received an email later that day from SCI telling me they are going to look into it.

I got a nice response from Firebirds on Tuesday this week. In which, the woman asked for my phone number which I gave her. in the conversation, she denied they are removing the taxidermy for any politically correct reasons. She stated they are just wanting a "new look" I called BS. This thing has actually got some legs and I predict a reversal of policy.

My long winded point is Jorge, we have bigger battles to fight, if we want to continue to hunt Africa and even North America. Hunters have been cast in a very negative light as of late. It is our responsibility to change the dynamic. We have allowed the opposition to define us, for far too long.

And no, you did not hijack the thread but I picked your response to quote since you're one of the few here I've corresponded with over the years.

We all need to keep a close focus on the goal. I've been guilty of wandering off topic myself, many, many times.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Steve