I think the thing with RSA being considered expensive for buff, is that the hunts (i.e. daily rates) are quite reasonable (sometimes less than $500.00 a day), but the tariff (i.e. trophy fee) for shooting the animal is more expensive (say $8000.00 instead of $2000.00).

I agree that RSA is probably the most efficient in terms of time and overall cost than most other countries, but you are not really getting the full exposure of being out in the African bush with free-roaming lions, leopards, rhino, etc. like you might in some other countries. JMO

$15k for 2 buff in Tanz seems like a bargain (although I understand you may have to spend another $1-2K on a charter flight).

$11k for for 3 buff in RSA seems like a pretty good deal as well, although I wonder what size buff you would probably wind up with? I have two currently both in the 34-36 in range (although both have nice bosses) and from what I hear it is quite common to have a sliding trophy fee in RSA based upon the size of the horns. I wouldn't do one of those hunts, just on principle.

BH