Originally Posted by benchman

"No, it's just a cake.
They can't insert their myths into their business dealings.
They are still free to practice their religion after business hours"
Then Muslim deli's/restaurants must serve bacon. You are saying that their freedom to practice their religion is limited to a private setting. That is not true. I'm kinda curious how you feel you can just proclaim something to be true, and it must be so. A wedding cake is more than just any cake. It has a specific purpose. That purpose is to celebrate a wedding. It is a symbol of that celebration. According to the religious doctrine of the bakers, the wedding of a gay couple is NOT a valid wedding. They chose to refuse to bake a symbol that celebrates that union. Religion is not a thing that you turn on and off. Though you consider it nothing more than a myth, greater minds than yours have disagreed with your opinion.

No, they don't have to serve bacon because they have never served bacon and they don't sell bacon to anyone else.

That lame argument has been shot down many times, and it should be obvious it's nothing like refusing to sell a product you do have and sell to others.

It makes no difference if they think it's "valid".
They weren't being asked to provide an opinion.

They were asked to bake a cake, just like all the other cakes they sold to other people for various occasions.

Though you consider it nothing more than a myth, greater minds than yours have disagreed with your opinion

And yet they can't prove it's anything other than a myth.
Anyone is free to disagree with my opinion.
By the same token, I can disagree with theirs.

I'm kinda curious how you feel you can just proclaim something to be true, and it must be so.

Like people do with their religion?

Last edited by Snyper; 10/01/16.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!