'mark,

700yds is a Chip Shot with a 223 SALAMI slingin' 75A-Max. 2900fps is a Lever' fueled breeze and slices atmospherics rather nicely. With a 200yd Milford zero with same,the 700yd line is a paltry 4.7 MIL correction and 1.9 MILS of wind in a 10mph full value. So the wind beats that boolit up to the tune of 4.75" per every (1) MPH at the 700yd line. That assuredly ain't shabby performance,with 26grs of powder. Lotsa folks burn a lot more powder,to do worse. Hint.

The Creed' is a new spin,on an Old Theme,in that it is essentially a mildly improved 6.5-250. It's greatest attributes are that it is by and large spun tight,throated right and has generous COAL latitude in OEM guise. It's turn-key goodness,whereas many exemplary chamberings are lacking in those requisite fields.

I'm not a 6.5 guy,but there are certainly some favorable projectiles in that bore sizing and nice thangs can be done. Mechanical Recoil is a function of charge weight,boolit weight and rifle weight. The Creed' is more forgiving than many in that facet. FELT Recoil is a function of those things,in conjunction with stock ergo's,construction and pad type...if only for starters. Can a guy field a forgiving Creed' less a Loudener? Of course.

It might could look like this.

[Linked Image]

With a thunk given to projectile selection,base/ring inclination and an erector of copious depth,the 2000yd line is a breeze with a Creed'(amongst a host of other sedate chamberings). The 130 JLK is a fhuqking Sinister sonofabitch,but the chambering certainly wouldn't begin to come close to making my list for a Light Recoil Play Toy,as I'd much rather stay .378" boltface for the application(s) cited.

Nice Place To Be On An Erector

Less is very often more and I dig a 75HPBT Hornie flingin' Krunchenticker,well past the real estate cited. More speed and a better BC ala the 75A-Max only sweetens the pot. Add DBM copious COAL latitude and goodness happens by default.

My 18" BHW 8" LW Middie Slim Shady wearing an Illuminatti,has sold alotta builds/glass,after folks mash the trigger(CMC) well beyond the 1000yd line. Pass the ASC 10-rounders and their COAL increase. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Montucky Adirondack Creed' don't suck,as a Utility Rifle.

[Linked Image]

Nor do a BHW Faux '12 SPR,or a 8" Liljee 22-250 Aye-Eye,or a Montucky 8" 6BR,or a PN 9" 7 Whizzum flanking same. Pass the .378" boltface for an All Arounder,if only because I gun a few chamberings and am afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Hint.

I'd rather have a 6mm Creed'(6XC) and they prolly look like this,in a 8" at 20". The Hornie 105HPBT is a Beast.

[Linked Image]

The 223AI easily remains my favorite chambering of ALL Time and I'm rather at ease in giving others the first poke and batting clean up. A 1-8" 21-incher chambered same,will reliably blow minds.

Hint.................

"Performance",

The ONLY thing fhuqking funnier than the AMAZINGLY lonnnggggggg list of things you don't know,is the list of things you THINK you "know". Congratulations?!?

Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always going to be best served by shutting the fhuqk up and furiously scribing notes. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Thank me later.

Laughing!...................

'F,

I hear good thangs about an 8" 223 in both SALAMI and Aye-Eye. Have SALAMI's in 7,8,9,12 and 14"...Aye-Eye's in 7,8,9,10,12 and 14". No contours smaller than reduced Montucky or greater than 700 receiver diameter in the larder,but most itches have done been did scratched.

With a Creed' slingin' the 143ELD at 2700fps,it drops 3" less than a SALAMI 223 75A-Max at 2900fps...both zero'd at the 200yd line and of like sight height. The extry BC due cut wind drift favorably and deviates 3.25" for every (1) MPH of 700yd full value wind.

A 21" 223AI with the 75'Max at 3150fps drops 18" less at the 700yd line and drifts 3.9" for every (1) MPH of wind at same.

Perspective is often intellesting.................(grin)

'alf,

Are you tryin' to talk me into a Dasher?!?

A 20" #3 contoured Chassis Bitch Dasher,prolly wouldn't suck for giggles. I reckon the Primal AICS mag conversions would do just fine.

[Linked Image]

Kinda temptin',if only for R&D..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."