Originally Posted by gonzaga
Stick,
Quick question for ya please.....do you run zero stop on your SWFA scopes?, and if so what do you use to obtain the ZS.....I find myself looking to try a few of the SWFA line of 6x mil quad .

Thanks in advance,

gonzaga

Have run the gamut in R&D and much prefer a soft stop,due it's friendly nature to all things scope internal and it's latitude in how one wishes to set a 'stop up.

Safe to say...I've dabbled more than a smidge.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Just shot this for clarification and to pinpoint a coupla dots that need connected,for Long Term Satisfaction(s).

1000 Purty Words

It'd take a Pointy Headed Drooling DUMB Fhuqk to botch this,but JeffZero has already commented prior,on how the premise whooped her ass. 'Course...she was the ONLY fhuqking one "surprised" at said "revelation". Laughing!

[Linked Image]

In my Film Making haste,I delved but one flavor of Inktitude and that despite my long standing constant of dabblin' twice that many in application. Info is CHEAP Insurance and I'm never not dazzled by the countless number of folks,who go wellllllll outta their way to preclude same. People crack me the fhuqk up!

I purposely chewed up the erector spindle on this NIB scope,to denote where one needs to orient the zero stop,in relation to spindle length. Up top you'll see a Half Screw Bitch,which is what you do NOT want. Below it amidship,is the Zero Stop SWEET Spot. Further down the tree,is where the turret bites,with no stop incorporated.

[Linked Image]

A Black MagicMarker is THE most impohtant Reloading Tool and a Yeller Paint Stick the most impohtant Scope Zero tool.

The Black Marker is imperative for setting die geometry,in regards to both sizing and seating. I of course use it elsewhere,but that is the MAIN role. I'll digress,as I've beat that drum soundly.

Secondly,the Yeller Marker has no equal as both a High Contrast Data Backer and as an Index Marker. Because fhuqking around has never intellested me,I tend to etch more than a few particulars in stone.

I like to keep track of total erector travel,along with a Parallax Witness Mark,which is geared in express accordance to the given platform's inherent duties. Having such info stare you literally in the face,is nothin' but VERY warm and VERY fhuqking fuzzy. Hint.

Objective caps read total erector travel beyond zero and the TDC parallax scribe is a great aid.

[Linked Image]

It is then easy to ascertain where one is at in the Grand Scheme of thangs,in relation to both parallax and erector travel. Yet another 54 in 22LR here and a cursory gawk yields that the parallax setting is amiss from it's "home" setting. Though that is due intent,in regards to pending engagement distance,the glaring feedback is processed in a nano-second and deviations of the predetermined norm,are caught well in advance of becoming a debacle. Hint.

Couple such finite control,with Beaver Dope housed in the ocular and one can thread literal needles,from Muzzle Burn distances...to distant Solar System engagement distances. The latitude is inherent and ripe for the pickin',if given a thunk.

[Linked Image]

There's 1200yds of Hasty Dope housed in this ocular and a parallax Witness,slated to the rifle's zero and it's application. A 105 Hornie HPBT at 3350fps in a LW wearin' a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker...due tend to be rather forgivin'.(grin)

[Linked Image]

You've been led to water,enjoy that refreshin' feelin' and reap the rewards........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."