Originally Posted by Brad
I think most people here know I'm a Kimber fan... the only way I could ever see "improving it" would be giving it a no.2 contour and an original M70 style trigger! The original M70 trigger is a "hunters trigger." However, its "closed" trigger is about as good as the genre gets.

It's unfortunate the M70 Classic went away. Quality was spotty for sure. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't been around enough of them. I've owned well over 20. But, it had "the" M70 trigger and was made where God intended M70's to be made, New Haven, CT!

I have a 2009 SC production M70 Extreme Weather 300 WSM. The overall machining quality is better than the NH M70's. I used an Ernie The Gunsmith Trigger Spring to get its MOA trigger to a crisp 2.5 lbs. It feels as good as any of my Kimbers. And best of all, the thing feeds and extracts better than any M70 Classic or Kimber 8400 WSM I've ever had. And it shoots better than any of them too.

BUT, while I could choke down SC production, and maybe even the MOA trigger, having "Portugal" stamped on the barrel is a deal killer for me. Nothing so marked will ever see an elk hunt in the Rocky Mountains while I'm carrying it. Illogical perhaps, but there it is.

Bravo......

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA