Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I would love a BRNO..... wink

They are easier to find your side of the border.

Here's a custom on a pre 64. It has been slicked up WAY beyond smooth but needed no parts far as I know. Function is perfect. smile

[Linked Image]

Sweet ! That's what we're talkin about. WOW Just Eye Popping

Where did that old school craftsmanship go though ?

I think Winchester is making a comeback, but looking at their catalog, I can't help but wonder about their caliber choices, and twist rates.

They are mired in the past ( like Remington) with 14" .22-250s,
or 10" .243, .280, .25-'06, .270

Bob's rifle there is full on custom. The metal came from Winchester when they did things right. I'm not saying the pre 64's were the best (although, they were). Some of the New Haven rifles were very nice as well. For example, they went for about 17 years (with their head up their azz) without having a fwt rifle on the market. Back in 1981, they brought the fwt back and those XTR's were beautiful rifles:

[Linked Image]

Then in '92 when they brought the CRF back with the classics, things were looking pretty good for them. Now, we have the MOA and Portuguese manufacture to look forward to. Pass me an old rifle please... wink

Hey that rifle looks familiar..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.