Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Steelhead

All you 'old guys' with vaults full of stuff have shown the young 'who gives a [bleep] about stuff'

Not so fast there S H..

TODAY..I liquidated an investment that I began in 2007.

The stock market is higher today than anytime in the past 10 yr. if not ever. The crash in 08-09 cost me more $$ than the JUMP recently has recouped.

Now had I bought quality firearms..instead of market investing (gambling), I could have had at least 'some' profit on my investment.

I 'might' have 1 rifle that I can not sell for more $$ than I paid for it. ALL the rest of my firearms CAN be sold for MORE than I paid.

Some 'STUFF' accrues value. These CHEAP DISPOSABLE POCrap will not increase in value. They are disposable !!

Some 'STUFF' increases in value. (paraphrased repeat)

Jerry

Unless you're talking about museum quality, investment grade guns, ie colts, Winchesters, British double guns, classic sxs's rifles aren't a great investment. You might get lucky with modern firearms like the colt snake guns but for the most part you buy off the shelf guns of "higher" quality and adjust for inflation, they're worth the same or less in 30 years.

What did a coke cost or a gallon of gas when you bought them compared to now when you're selling them.

I'd say collectors prices hit a peak when the last generation to really be involved with and appreciate firearms(baby boomers) hit the point in life they could afford to spend big $$ on them.

I wouldn't use firearms as an investment vehicle any longer unless I could afford something old, rare and mint condition.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/06/17.