Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Depending on the area of the country you live...the Model 70 has been a thing of the past long before BACO took over. Which may have something to do with BACO taking over...

Care to explain?

Sure. I live in GA. Few here care about control round feed. Many don't care to know, and those that do, do not consider it a deal breaker. Of the three largest gun stores within a 150 mile radius of me NONE stock the Winchester Model 70...they all say the same thing...they just sit in the racks...they don't move. There are two high volume gun stores that I frequent. One does stock new Model 70s, but, sells them at ridiculously low prices to move them. The other rarely has new model 70s, but occasionally has used ones on the rack.
I've asked all of these stores why they do not have a bigger selection of model 70s. They all have the same answer...they just can't move them.

Its the same way around here. I doubt there is a shop in the entire UP of MI that carry model 70's on a regular basis. Locals would rather buy cheap crap and those that don't drive down to Green Bay, or Lower MI to buy higher quality. Most of the local hunters buying cheap crap shot the gun once a year and only deer hunt over bait. I'm sure a Savage Axis or the like suits them well.
Sure see alot of Browning stickers on trucks though, lol. No accounting for bad taste.