As I said I don't think that hunting rifles fit the corporate model of continuous growth in sales units, I don't necessarily condemn those that buy RA's , Tikka's or Vanguards. To be frank the 700, the post 64 model 70, savage 110 et.al were considered "cheap" rifles when they came out, and there are many of those going strong 50 years later. I suspect most of the "economy" rifles of today will be too in 50 years. Looking back I had a remington 870 (stamped parts) and a 788 in 6mm remington again stamped parts and a ruger std auto 22 pistol again stamped parts instead of a proper machined hand fitted model 12 , mauser and a colt woodsman when I first got married. I would have been fine and could have hunted the past 40 seasons if I had stopped right there and kept them. I have a vanguard and I have no doubt that it will be going longer than I will. Also I don't necessarily blame the millennia's for perpetuating the "cheap " guns. I see a lot of threads on this forum talking about the posters new RAR or tikka or savage , vanguards and I see a lot of threads that make me think that older quality guns are not that popular most weigh 8-9 lbs when dressed out. Just an observation.