Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I love how folks like to describe a generation as one homogeneous mass. As if they all share the same characteristics.

Generally yes. Greatest Generation, Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials.

Study their life events and it's pretty interesting. Put them all in the same work setting and it's even better.

Know the hot buttons and it's gold.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation

The Lost Generation, also known as the Generation of 1914 in Europe,[24] is a term originating with Gertrude Stein to describe those who fought in World War I. The members of the lost generation were typically born between 1883 and 1900.

The G.I. Generation, also known as the "Greatest Generation'", is the generation that includes the veterans who fought in World War II. They were born from around 1901 to 1924, coming of age during the Great Depression. Journalist Tom Brokaw dubbed this the Greatest Generation in a book of the same name.[25]

The Silent Generation, also known as the Lucky Few, were born from approximately 1925 to 1945.[26] It includes some who fought in World War II, most of those who fought the Korean War and many during the Vietnam War.

The Baby Boomers are the generation that was born following World War II, generally from 1946 to 1964,[27][28][29] a time that was marked by an increase in birth rates.[30] The term "baby boomer" is sometimes used in a cultural context. Therefore, it is impossible to achieve broad consensus on a defined start and end date.[31] The baby boom has been described variously as a "shockwave"[32] and as "the pig in the python".[33] This generation is also referred to as the Me Generation, and the latter portion of the Baby Boomer generation as Generation Jones.

Generation X, commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is the generation following the baby boomers. Demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the early to mid-1960s and ending birth years ranging from the late 1970s to early 1980s. The term has also been used in different times and places for a number of different subcultures or countercultures since the 1950s.

Millennials, also known as the Millennial Generation[34] or Generation Y, are the demographic cohort following Generation X. Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s[35] as starting birth years and ending birth years ranging from the mid-1990s to early 2000s. As of April 2016, the Millennial generation surpassed the Boomer generation in size in the USA, with 76 million Boomers and 77 million Millennials.[36]

Generation Z, also known as the "Founders"[37] or Post-Millennials [36] the iGeneration, or Homeland Generation, is the cohort of people born after the Millennials. Demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the mid-1990s to early 2000s, while there is little consensus yet regarding ending birth years.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery