Originally Posted by Calvin
Funny thread.

When thinking of new rifles, a Winchester never crosses my mind. They offer nothing that appeals to me.

As for the younger generation, they are doing just fine. They've figured out that they'd rather spend their resources on actual hunts, tags, good clothing/gear, and gym memberships. Expensive rifles must be kept in very good condition to retain value, and the appeal of doing hunts that keep rifles in very good condition don't have appeal to many.

Funny post.

You don't really expect anyone to believe that the price difference between a $800 M70 and a $300 Savage POS will keep anyone from going on a hunt do you? smile

In a day and age when these luminaries spend $150 a month on a cell phone, the idea that a $800 dollar rifle (one time expenditure) is too expensive, is laughable.

Or that "smart" guys" are scraping the bottom of the equipment barrel with a cheap rifle and likely topping it with a blister pack scope,is an expression of sage wisdom. Hilarious.

Who exactly cares about keeping a hunting rifle brand new and how is that a factor?

I see these miracle millennials at the range with their cheap rifles,and they are neither great shots, astute riflemen,and tend to be rookies who don't know what they are doing.

If the cost spread between a M70 and an RAR is keeping you from hunting you need a more lucrative job....but don't expect me to believe you're some kind of sage/wise genius. That's ridiculous.

This class envy stuff cracks me up but otherwise intelligent people fall for it all the time.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.